Re: HTML Code for "Greater Than or Equals to" Symbol

Subject: Re: HTML Code for "Greater Than or Equals to" Symbol
From: "Ridder, Fred" <Fred -dot- Ridder -at- Dialogic -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:16:46 -0500

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:28:20 -0500 Leslie Grimm asked

>I apologize if this is a little off topic ...
>
>Does anyone know if there is an HTML code for the "greater than or equals
>to" symbol? If there is one, I have not been able to find it.

A very useful resource with a wealth of information on all things HTML
is the Web Design Group (WDG) website. Among other things, this site
provides a chart (in several forms) of the ISO 8859-1 character set that
is specified in the HTML standard. Check out this character set for
http:\\www.htmlhelp.com\reference\charset

According to the charts and other information on this website, there is
no entity in this official character set for the greater-than-or-equal-to
symbol.

Fred Ridder
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic, an Intel Company