Re: Do you give permission to use your materials?

Subject: Re: Do you give permission to use your materials?
From: "Michelle Wolfe" <WOLFEM -at- bcbsil -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:05:48 -0600

Megan wrote:

<<Do any techwhirlers give permission to others to use what they've written?
Does anyone see any really big pitfalls to this "open" approach where I make
my document source available to others to mold for their own uses?>>

I don't know about other consultants, but I never "own" what I write. The copyright belongs to whoever pays my invoices. If they choose to release the copyright to someone else, it is their call. I have no say in it whatsoever.

Also, my name never appears on my work.

Michelle Wolfe
Training Consultant