Using Word and OLE Automation to create manuals

Subject: Using Word and OLE Automation to create manuals
From: Deborah Cooper <dcooper -at- edispatch -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:52:06 -0800

Hello,

I have five manuals that are about 40 pages in length. The only difference
between each manual is the screen shots I have included. I can use a
program in VBA to write an OLE automation application that loads Word
with a template document (i.e., the manual) and somehow puts a placeholder
in that document for each screen shot. Then, I'd like to be able to run a
macro
or the VB app so that it replaces the placeholder with the appropriate
screen
shot., thereby producing a "custom" version of the document.

Have you ever tried this? Do you know of a site that might have some
samples?
Thanks for the help!