STC SIGs - scam or resource?

Subject: STC SIGs - scam or resource?
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:35:13 EST

It may depend on the SIG. I belong to the Quality SIG, for which I get a
newsletter four times a year. I think it's magnificent, but then, I *write*
for it 8^)

Seriously, while we do not get compensated for our work, there are costs
associated with printing and mailing a newsletter (a dollar just for the
postage, for instance). [I hear you saying "why not make a PDF newsletter?" I
have no response...] I think at least some of the SIGs are worthwhile, but
only you can decide for yourself.

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Lightbridge, Inc., 67 S. Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:Jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com 781.359.4902[V], 781.359.4500[F]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong