Re: Working for a liar

Subject: Re: Working for a liar
From: "Karen Carruthers" <kcarruthers -at- exactis -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:41:21 -0700

<<Each of the two liars flatly refused to sign or initial anything, and
forbid employees from circulating memoranda. >>

This should have been a MAJOR red flag! Run, run fast, run now.

<<I'm still worried about getting another boss like that, who gives
directions I *KNOW* are wrong, flatly refuses to even listen to why they're
not feasible, and also refuses to either confirm anything in writing or to
allow memoranda to be sent -- and then denies have given the poor
instructions, insisting that he'd asked for the opposite to be done.

(The only viable option would be that of a hidden tape recorder -- but that
would make me appear untrustworthy, and a dishonest boss would find some
way t fire me before I could do it again.)>>

Again, why are you working for these people? If you feel that you need to
have this much protection during a 'normal' workday, you either need to
start looking around for another position, or start looking at why they are
acting this way. This is odd behavior even for strange bosses. (And I've had
a few myself)

Karen Carruthers
Senior Technical Writer, Infobeat
phone: 303-942-4709