Style Guides

Subject: Style Guides
From: "Lindsay Burrell" <lburrell -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:18:27 -0800

Hi, all.

This is my first message. Hope it works.

I'm about to start a contract with a super company that is interested (along
with the "real" work) in developing a corporate Style Guide and I guess a
Procedures Guide. I have Microsoft's Guide as a reference and also the
Chicago Manual of Style, and I'm familiar with the other resources. As a
contractor, I've seen lots of corporate style material, but these guys
deserve something really cool, and I'm not confident that I've seen anything
that will really do the job. Like, you don't want to replicate the Microsoft
Style Guide, but you do want to let people know how the product should look
and be.

Does anyone have style guides that they really like, or layouts of them, or
ideas what should be included, or how it should be laid out? Have anything
cool that you would be willing to share?

TIA,

Lindsay