Technical Writers in SAP Environments

Subject: Technical Writers in SAP Environments
From: jknebel -at- ospreyus -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:21:58 -0500

I'm fairly new to this list (less than a month) and have a question for the
list in general. It seems that the vast majority of the active participants
on this list are documenting in some form or fashion a custom developed
application.

My question is:
How many people out there are Technical Writers in an SAP related
environment?

My personal answer:
I've been documenting SAP for over 2 years now, first, as a training and
documentation consultant, and now as a Technical Writer. As a technical
writer I am part of the "Technical Solutions" group and spend a great amount
of time documenting technical architectures and SAP archiving. I also have
had the opportunity to develop templates for several of our standard
offerings, and spend time (sometimes too much) on our proposal development
teams.

Looking forward to your answers,

Jhan

Jhan A. Knebel

Technical Writer, Enterprise Management Technical Solutions
Osprey http://www.ospreyUS.com

jknebel -at- ospreyUS -dot- com