RE: Other topics on this list (WAS: should be a tool list serv...)

Subject: RE: Other topics on this list (WAS: should be a tool list serv...)
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:56:13 -0800

I've subscribed to this list as well as a number of tool-specific lists
for a number of years. In my view, there's no question that FrameMaker
questions are usually better answered on the FrameMaker list, RoboHELP
questions are usually better answered on the RoboHELP list, and so
forth. In my opinion, questions on these and similar tools usually
receive much less detailed (and often less accurate) responses here than
they do on the various tool-centric lists.

What this list offers better than any other is discussion of technical
communication issues not specific to a particular tool.

Just my observations ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415.550.8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer