RE: How should this little piggy go to market?

Subject: RE: How should this little piggy go to market?
From: "Elizabeth Wilczek" <betsywilczek -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, alison -at- totten -dot- net
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:07:10 EDT

According to _What Color Is Your Parachute_, sending out resumes is one of the worst ways to get a job. Networking is one of the best.

If your area is NJ/NY, you are in luck! Both New Jersey STC and NY Metro STC have some great meetings coming up in May. You learn new stuff from a good speaker and get to meet a wide range of technical communicators, from newbie to old hand, who are professional enough to want to be learning and networking.

There also seemed to be quite a few recruiters at the last NJ STC meeting I went to; the same is probably true of NY Metro.

You can find out more about NJ STC (May 6 meeting) at
www.njstc.org. I will also be submitting an announcement to the cool "ad" part of this list.

You can find out more about NY Metro STC (May 14 and 16 meetings) at
www.stc.org/region1/nyc/www/events.htm.

You don't need to be a member to go to most STC meetings, but you should send an RSVP to the person in charge so they buy enough doughnuts and coffee to go around!

Disclaimer: I am webmistress for NJ STC, but I have no financial or other stake in luring people to STC meetings. In fact, if people show up with no RSVP, there may not be enough coffee for me!!!

Betsy Devine Wilczek
betsywilczek -at- hotmail -dot- com

Original message (snipped):

From: "@" <alison -at- totten -dot- net>

Well, you'd think, but I've forwarded my resume to tons of folks and
gotten 1 response. I thought maybe I was going after the wrong market.
And this in an allegedly "hot" market (NJ/NY)