FrameMaker: Table of Figures question

Subject: FrameMaker: Table of Figures question
From: Stephen Martin <stpats -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 12:56:18 -0400

Hullo!

I've inherited a document that was partially converted to Frame from
Word, and asked to complete the conversion.

As part of this process I had to generate a Table of Figures. In the
chapters the figures are caption with the numbering format: C:Figure
<n>< >< >< >.<n=1> (or n+1 for the subsequent figures). The Autonumber
Format for the Table style is: F:Figure <n=1>. (or n+1, for subsequent
entries, and when I Generate the Table, it comes out looking like this:

Figure 1. Caption .... page #
Figure 2. Caption .... page #
etc.

Which is the obvious result.

What I need to have happen, however, is for the Table of Figures to
display the 'proper' figure numbering, i.e.

Figure 1.1 Caption .... page #
Figure 1.2 Caption .... page #
Figure 2.1 Caption .... page #

I've already tried looking through the archives and tried a few
solutions, but the best I've been able to accomplish is something like
this:

Figure 0.0 Caption .... page #
Figure 0.0 Caption .... page #
Figure 0.0 Caption .... page #

Can anybody help to guide me out of the wilderness?

Thanks in advance.