Re: FrameMaker: Table of Figures question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker: Table of Figures question
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 15:01:22 -0700

Stephen Martin wrote:

> I've inherited a document that was partially converted to Frame from
> Word, and asked to complete the conversion.
>
> As part of this process I had to generate a Table of Figures. In the
> chapters the figures are caption with the numbering format: C:Figure
> <n>< >< >< >.<n=1> (or n+1 for the subsequent figures). The Autonumber
> Format for the Table style is: F:Figure <n=1>. (or n+1, for subsequent
> entries, and when I Generate the Table, it comes out looking like this:
>
> Figure 1. Caption .... page #
> Figure 2. Caption .... page #
> etc.
> What I need to have happen, however, is for the Table of Figures to
> display the 'proper' figure numbering, i.e.
>
> Figure 1.1 Caption .... page #

You were soooo close! You're right, you need to look at the style for Figure
Caption, and you were right that it had something to do with numbering. Where
you saw:

C:Figure<n>< >< >< >.<n=1> (or n+1 for the subsequent figures).

you need to change Figure Caption for each chapter to

C:Figure 1.<n>< >< >< >.<n=1> (or n+1 for the subsequent figures)

for Chapter 1,

C:Figure 2.<n>< >< >< >.<n=1> (or n+1 for the subsequent figures)

for Chapter 2, etc. The space, number, and period are literals just like the
word Chapter, and Frame will pick them up as part of the numbering scheme for
each caption.

Good luck!

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems