Opening Word in a Browser

Subject: Opening Word in a Browser
From: "Lokon, Ditte" <DLokon -at- tusd -dot- k12 -dot- az -dot- us>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:29:16 -0700

Greetings

This may not be too related to tech writing.... but I'm hoping somebody can
help explain this to me.

We have a word doc that can be opened through a browser (a job app).
From the browser, I did a File - Save as and saved the doc on my desktop.
With the browser still open, displaying the job app, if I try to open the
copy on my desktop, this is what happens:
- MS Word is launched without any opened pages.
- I'm taken back to the browser version.

Why does this happen? I'm pointing to a file in a different place.
I'm not looking for a solution, just for possible reasons.
Maybe there is no reason... Microsoft just does things like that!

Thanks

Ditte Lokon
dlokon -at- tusd -dot- k12 -dot- az -dot- us
voice 520 617-7900 ext. 1041
fax 520 617-7393