Re: MS Agent

Subject: Re: MS Agent
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Azileretsis Y <azileretsis -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:46:37 -0400

Azileretsis Y wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Let's not begin with the MS agent. We've got it set
> up on our intranet site. It's crashed my computer
> many times. It was cool for first few times around.
>
> Also, the thing is just plain irritating. We've seen
> not only the the Microsoft one but others as well.
> Even now, people shut down their Office Agent. Why
> would anyone want an irritating and intrusive Help
> agent?
>
> What do you guys think? Is it user friendly or is it
> a step backward in usability?

As implemented in MS Office by MS, I agree that it sucks. I was
referring to creative use of the technology as a training aid. If the
technology is used properly, one can have several characters carrying on
a conversation, that can vary with the user's input. Of course, it is
not be appropriate for all applications. Neither is any other approach
suitable for all users. Just t one more weapon in your arsenal. YMMV

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-