Doc-To-Help question

Subject: Doc-To-Help question
From: "Sarah Bane" <Sarah -dot- Bane -at- ProphetLine -dot- Com>
To: "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:35:56 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to use Doc-To-Help to compile a help file from Word 2000
documents. This is my first project of this nature and the first time I have
used D2H. (I have been at this job since late May; was asked at my interview
if I knew D2H; said no; was told my lack of experience with it would not be
a problem.)

The project is a multi-chapter manual--thus multiple Word files with a
master document. When I run the help compiler, it creates .rtf files and
then hangs up at the beginning of one chapter--the same one every time--and
displays the following Visual Basic error message:

<<Runtime error '4605':

This method or property is not available because the current selection is
not within a frame.>>

I've been unable to find any reference to this error message in the
documentation. It's unclear to me what "method or property" is being
referred to, and the chapter heading is not in a frame. I inherited this
project from the previous writer, who is no longer at the company; it's
possible he inadvertently put something in this chapter heading that is
causing the problem, but I can't find any way in which it is formatted
differently from the other chapters.

I previously ran Doc-To-Help Diagnostics on the file and corrected all the
problems identified.

And, of course, this is something that needed to be done a month ago, and
only one other person in the company knows anything about D2H and he is out
of town until next week.

Suggestions or commiseration, anyone? I am on digest, so please respond
directly to me.

TIA,

Sarah Bane
Technical Writer, ProphetLine, Inc.
and Adjunct Instructor, Westark College
sarah -dot- bane -at- prophetline -dot- com
sbane -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu

Opinions expressed are my own and not endorsed by ProphetLine or by Westark.