Re: Printing from Word using DocuTech systems

Subject: Re: Printing from Word using DocuTech systems
From: Mike Starr <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA (Hart, Geoff), techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 01:45:52 -0500

In article <>, you say...
<snip>

> Any tips, warnings, war stories, or suggestions (other than "use a real DTP
> program")? I'll be talking to another service bureau today to find out their
> specific recommendations for their specific Docutech setup, but I'd like to
> have some facts in hand to perform a reality check on the advice I've
> received.

Don't know if you have a Kinko's nearby, but I just stopped in one the
other day to check into what my options are for print-on-demand and they
gave me a spiffy CD that contains a printer driver for their equipment.
Install the printer driver, print to it and it spawns a viewer (probably
some variation on PDF). They claim that what you see in their viewer is
what you'll get.

You can also download the driver from the kinkos web site
(http://www.kinkos.com).

Mike

--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator