Mad macro, frustrations

Subject: Mad macro, frustrations
From: "Alex Silbajoris" <alsilba -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:26:04 GMT

Thanks to those who responded - I might be able to use that Knopf fix in the future. I also have a copy of the TECH-TAV template, but I have to admit that I haven't really looked into it much yet, no need so far.

I came in to work today, and one of the VP admin assists immediately asked me "Do you know Word?" in a genuine panic. She was late getting a document to a meeting, and between the evil numbering feature and the auto-correct numbering feature, she could not get a list of eleven items to number correctly in a file less than a page and a half long. Makes me wonder how many man-hours are spent tearing out hair in any given office on any given day.

It also makes me want to get some admin buy-in to develop some in-house Word training. I find myself having to explain some basic points about usage to several people in this company on an ad-hoc basis, like putting out little fires. I may never get them all to change their various bad habits - like the guy who wants to have a tab stop on every single hash mark on the ruler - but if I could just get them to enter their names in the user information areas, I'd be happy. Maybe in some bright and shining future, we will use version control ... maybe have reviews ... oops, daydreaming again.

- A

Your web site localized into 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than you think. Download ForeignExchange's FREE paper, "3 steps to successful translation management" at http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw.