Re: Are we just secretaries?

Subject: Re: Are we just secretaries?
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:29:16 -0400

Anna,

I share your pain! ; )))

I actually had a manager rub my figurative nose in this one day. She
screamed at me "You're just a clerk, I want you to do a clerical job."
Until that moment, I had been suffering under the delusion, based on
pre-employment interviews, that they had hired me to be a thinking
writer. One thing it taught me though...notice when folks talk about
"template writing or editing" in interviews. I don't think you can get
away from some of these restrictions if you're going to produce
consistent documents, but doing the very same thing over and over and
over every day all day is probably something you need to consider before
taking an assignment. You'd never pay attention unless you had been
through one of these episodes.

And you might have more sympathy for secretaries if you remember that
some management clown is paying them $23,000 to clean up after some
idiot very-well-paid writer or consultant! I'm sure I'd be harboring
more than a little resentment over that fact!

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.