Re: Illegal interview question

Subject: Re: Illegal interview question
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:58:51 -0500

It's actually illegal NOT to bring up the subject, Jane. The US federal
government requires all employers to verify citizenship. Heck, I'm a
seventh-generation American, with three generations in my home town alone,
and I've had to provide proof of citizenship for every job I've ever applied
for.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar(TM) System
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com