Re: Adobe Type Manager - problem

Subject: Re: Adobe Type Manager - problem
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- mail -dot- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:30:04 -0600

I don't know if there are others out there who have encountered this
problem. I am assuming there are just because it's been around awhile.
However, this still doesn't stop some of us getting caught ....again!

I downloaded an Adobe product which had Adobe Type Manager attached to it.
(At least I believe that to be the case as I don't remember downloading it
seperately.) Then, when trying to print my word documents I could not. I
kept getting a WinWord error saying either to "Ignore" or "Cancel". Ignore
did nothing, so the only option was to cancel, which then caused the program
to crash with a page fault error message. This then began happening in
other programs, even the IE Browser.

After searching for the answer, lo and behold there was Adobe Type Manager
sitting in my programs folder.
I deleted the program and everything was back to normal.

I do not know what the problem with ATM is, but I do remember from almost 10
years ago that this caused a problem. It seems to me that it should have
been addressed by now but.......

Check the version of ATM. If it is anything less than 4.1, deep-six it. In any case, unless you are running a product that needs ATM, deep-six it.

It could be that the program is corrupted. You will be able to tell when you attempt to run uninstall on it. If it won't work, then the program was not correctly installed, or some other corruption has occured.

Scott