RE: What, Me Think?

Subject: RE: What, Me Think?
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- Anheuser-Busch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:22:52 -0600

Becca writes in response to Kent:

"actually, in some ways it is [like critical thinking] - for a lot of searh
engines, you
have to be able to create a boolean statement to narrow down the
list of urls."

Hmmmm, I was taught and teach a more systematic form of critical thinking. It
goes something like this:

Identify the Problem
Perform Analysis (Gather Information)
Summarize (Say in your own words the information gleaned from analysis)
Interprete (What else is being said in the information that infers opinion or
slant)
Synthesize (Apply what you have learned to new situations based on your
experience [inductive/deductive reasoning])
Evaluate (Make a judgement)

I think the search engine and information found on the web really only addresses
the first two steps.

This system is a great way to produce project estimates and approaches.

Lisa A. Miller
Technical ! Writer
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Packaging Team - Corporate Engineering
mailto:lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com
(314) 865-8904

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin