Re: The Business of Conferences

Subject: Re: The Business of Conferences
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:30:40 -0500

negative things about STC, its activities, and its members. IMHO,
virtually none of what he said corresponds to reality as I and the
vast majority of STC's other 23,000 members perceive it.

I don't pretend that STC is a perfect organization, nor that its
policies and ways of doing things are optimal. I think that my earlier
posting today made that point pretty clearly. However, making sweeping
generalizations with little or no evidentiary foundation beyond
personal anecdote is not the way to offer constructive criticism.

Those who are concerned with factual accuracy should take such
unsubstantiated opinions for what they're worth. Opinions are like ...
well, everyone knows the rest of that old saw.

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325
http://www.ghayhoe.com