RE: Real Quandary

Subject: RE: Real Quandary
From: "Le Vie, DonaldX S" <donaldx -dot- s -dot- le -dot- vie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:58:02 -0800

I think you should stick it out for the six months, but in the meantime,
have you tried to determine what you could do to "raise the bar" on the
quality of the work? Is there a style guide or some other document that
should serve as a benchmark? If not, can you get some buy-in from your
manager to have everyone participate in the creation of some kind of quality
benchmark document/process? Could you put together some informal training to
get everyone working from a common knowledge base? If you can show that you
helped make things better when you leave, it will serve as a selling point
for your next job.

Donn Le Vie