Re: Word to pdf

Subject: Re: Word to pdf
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:38:25 -0800

bryan johnson wrote:

> I have a manual formated in A4 letter size. I need to create a pdf
> of this document. However, each time I try, my page numbers are cut
> off the bottom of the sheet. I'm sure I'm doing something very stupid
> but I'm under deadline pressure and am in panic mode. Can anyone
> offer any suggestions?

Not stupid at all! It's a known bug. Here's what Adobe told me:

1. If you have not yet done so, set the page size to A4.

2. From the File menu, choose Print.

3. Choose Acrobat Distiller as the printer, and click Properties.

4. In the Acrobat Distiller Properties dialog box, choose one of
the Custom paper sizes, then click Custom.

5. In the Custom-Defined Size dialog box, enter the correct width
and length.

6. Click OK to close the Custom-Defined Size dialog box.

7. Click OK to close the Acrobat Distiller Properties dialog box.

8. Click Close (*not* OK) to close the Print dialog box.

9. Run PDFMaker.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!