Word Bible?

Subject: Word Bible?
From: "Kim McGarghan" <kmcgarghan -at- nssolutions -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:02:28 -0500

Hi.

This is your chance to be my book recommendation expert!

Everyone speaks well of _Mastering FrameMaker_ by Tom Neuberger. What's the
equivalent seminal work for Word? I'm running the latest Office group
(i.e., 2000) under Windows 2000. (I've tried the built-in assistance, but I
don't always find the embedded Help files particularly helpful when
attempting advanced functions.) I know how to do the basics (I've been
using some variant of word processing software, including Word, for years)
but would like to make Word do all kinds of fancy circus tricks... ...until
I finally migrate over to FrameMaker (a week after reading Tom's book). :)

Please advise, and thanks for the help! (I've been thinking about the
Platinum Que series.) I've searched the web, of course, but I'm looking for
"get THIS one because a, b, c, ..." feedback.

Feel free to write me off-line.

--Kim