Re: QUERY: Exporting Windows Adobe Framemaker Files into Word Docs

Subject: Re: QUERY: Exporting Windows Adobe Framemaker Files into Word Docs
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:12:33 -0600

All:
Does anyone know how to export Adobe Framemaker files into Word documents
while retaining the format established in Framemaker? My team and I are
baffled; we can make the file a Word file, but all formatting disappears
when the Word version opens. Any suggestions?
Regards,
T.B. Booth

Yeah,

The Word files are probably using the default document templates (.DOT). Recreate your FrameMaker templates in Word. Use the same paragraph and character tag names.

Expect your tables to go out into the weeds (Word doesn't do table headers or footers, or table titles).

Assign the new .DOT files to the translated Word files.

Scott