Re: On the Fence/Writing for Journals

Subject: Re: On the Fence/Writing for Journals
From: Beth Mazur <bowseat -at- mazur -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:22:36 -0400

At 5:03 PM -0500 7/13/01, Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com wrote:
> ... The biochemistry journals don't
>ask a biochemist to do biochemical research for free, the History journals
>don't ask historians to research history for free, etc. They ask them to
>write about what they have already been paid to do.

Right. And TC journals don't ask their authors to do TC research for free; they
ask them to write about what they have already been paid to do.

Okay, yeah, the person who writes up a book review or a bibliographic essay,
as I did recently, may not have been paid at all--either while doing or while
writing. Yep, I admit it. I did it for the credential. But are you saying
that a
student of biochemistry or history can't, or wouldn't, do the same for their
journal?

Beth Mazur
bowseat -at- mazur -dot- com

PS. Find out if there are differences between info design and info architecture
on the STC ID SIG website: http://www.stcsig.org/id/whatis.html