RE: Stress Management Amongst Technical Writers

Subject: RE: Stress Management Amongst Technical Writers
From: "SM Rush" <sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:07:48 -0700

> First, I am the soul technical communicator,

I like this!

Re tech writing being on the low end of the stress scale:

When I think I'm just too put upon to take it anymore, I think about my
sister's job.

She's a civil engineer with her city's stormwater program. She has to go
around and check out contractors, businesses, and individuals who are
putting
horrible things down the stormwater drains (which empty right into this very
large, very much used Lake Washington). Things like motor oil, paint, dry
cleaning chemicals, etc. When she has to shut down a development project,
or tell people to undo that expensive job of filling in a creek to extend
their backyard another 10 feet, well, let's just say that things get ugly
fast.

Luckily she does righteous anger better than me.
sella rush
applied technical systems
silverdale, wa
developers of CCM knowledge discovery