RE: Biggest salary cut you've taken?

Subject: RE: Biggest salary cut you've taken?
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros2 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:11:34 -0700

<hysterical laughter followed by a pathetic sigh>
Last month I took a non-writing job (snore) for the duration, at slightly less
than half I was making at my last full time "permanent" position, which imploded
at the end of last year. It's better than flipping bolts of calico at the
fabric store.

I've taken three interviews in the last couple of weeks, and I'm hopeful, but
from the ranges I've been seeing/hearing lately, I expect any offer will be
$5K-$10K less than my last writing salary. Which is sad, but I can deal, since
it will put me back to about where I was last summer.

Maggie Secara