Re: Word to PowerPoint Conversion?

Subject: Re: Word to PowerPoint Conversion?
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:53:14 -0400

There is something else you can do that is sometimes useful in going from Word to PowerPoint.

If you open a new PowerPoint presentation (using your selected template) in Outline View (with the Outline pane on the left and the slide pane on the right), you can copy material from your Word document and paste it into the outline pane.

Once you have done that, you will certainly have a royal mess on the right. However, there are some quick tricks to clean it all up.

First, use the Enter key (in the Outline pane), to break the text up into slides. Just place the cursor where you want to start a new slide and press enter.

Second, use the tab key (in the Outline pane), to create bullet levels. Tabbing a line pushes it over and down a [PowerPoint bullet] level.

That exercise, which goes quickly if you just plow through the whole thing without doing any editing, will get you halfway to a finished presentation. Then you can go back and tweak in slide view.

Dick