RE: Word to PowerPoint conversion

Subject: RE: Word to PowerPoint conversion
From: "Kathy Jacobs" <jacobskl -at- jacobs -dot- coxatwork -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:12:34 -0700

There is an easier way. As has been noted in one of the replies, PPT
only imports certain paragraph formats from Word. Specifically:
* Header1 becomes the title
* Header2 becomes the first level bullet text
* Header3 becomes the second level bullet text
Etc.

Then, to import the pictures, you can use one of the available photo
importers. I recommend the one by Shyam Pillai, one of the Microsoft
PowerPoint MVP's. This tool allows you to import a folder worth of
photos at one time. For more information, check out the info page for
the tool at URL: http://www.mvps.org/skp/iiw.htm

Kathryn Jacobs, BrainBench MVP MS PowerPoint (Get Certified at
http://www.brainbench.com) Get PowerPoint answers at
http://www.powerpointanswers.com Cook anything outdoors with
http://www.outdoorcook.com

Kathy is a trainer, writer, Girl Scout, parent, and whatever else there
is time for

Life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we
lived