Documentation Review Process and Tools

Subject: Documentation Review Process and Tools
From: "Cedric Simard" <cedricns -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:00:38 +0200

Imagine you are working in a company where:
- you use FrameMaker to create documentation,
- nearly 20 people have to review different parts of each piece of documentation before sending to customers.

How would you proceed?

In FrameMaker, I tried to save my FrameMaker files as Microsoft RTF. When I'm doing this, FrameMaker (version 6.0) often crashes. Besides, the resulting RTF files are huge. Finally, even if it worked, to edit the RTF files reviewed with MS Word by my colleagues, I would have to:
- reimport them in FrameMaker,
- reimport my style formats on them,
- check/validate each review manually.

Anybody's got a solution?

Thanking you in advance.

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: