Stupid question yet I am unsure of the ethics here...

Subject: Stupid question yet I am unsure of the ethics here...
From: marianne -dot- patten -at- abnamro -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:32:16 -0400

Okay a friend of mine (who is not a tech writer and works in a completley
different field than I do) asked me to send him a copy of a user manual I
created so he could possibly show it to the tech writers he works with
(he's trying to help me find a job).

Is this ethical to do? I have no idea. Do I have to remove all screen
shots and change the name of the application? technically, i wrote the
manual, but clearly it belongs to the client. Can I use a document I have
written as part of my work portfolio as it is now, or do I need to change
names and facts of the material?

Thanks!

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO
Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for the
improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that the
integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.