Re: Digital Page Author?

Subject: Re: Digital Page Author?
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:58:56 -0500

>The only type I saw was "viral", and I am not sure that "viral
>marketing" is a typo.

I think Jo was referring to "informaiton"... and also, toward the bottom of
the page, "compatability." Simple spell-checking would have caught both of
these. (Actual human proofreading, of course, would be preferable.) I don't
nitpick people's spelling errors in list posts, but web pages like that one
are fair game. The typos undermine that company's credibility.

And the idea of using executable files for documents is a pretty dubious
one, IMO. Plenty of us flinch when we see an .EXE in our email. The
alternative DNL format would require a viewer, I assume? (Bad. Nobody has
it or will bother to get it.) I would've downloaded the user manual to find
out for sure, but y'see, the user manual's an executable....

Christine