RE: Canadian Jobs (and email listserv)

Subject: RE: Canadian Jobs (and email listserv)
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:28:23 -0000

Hi,

I agree with Bruce's references to www.bctechnology.com and
www.bctia.org for BC jobs--I've both advertised for and found jobs from
the former site. You might also consider www.monster.ca. A quick search
for "technical writer" there generated 11 results...not exactly a
windfall but you never know.

Another nascent resource which I ought to mention (with Eric's
permission), is the Canadian Technical Writers listserv that I've
recently set up to address Canada-specific tech writing issues (and any
other desirable topics). It's in its early days (that is, it's got a
small membership) but you might consider enquiring there. I don't know
if there are any Okanaganions (Okanaganites? Okanaganers?) on it. To
subscribe or for more information, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cantechwriters/. Thanks. DB.

<snip>