Re: Making a Business Case for Separate Doc/Training Dept

Subject: Re: Making a Business Case for Separate Doc/Training Dept
From: Rebecca Stevenson <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:02:47 -0500

If you don't already have a (good) reason to do this, why would you even think about proposing it? As a theoretical CEO, I'd far rather hear what you think than what you think I want to hear. :-) How will making this change improve the company?

In the small company (<30 people) I worked at previously, departments appeared to exist mainly so we'd have something to put on the business cards and so people could play petty politics.

Rebecca Stevenson

At 11:29 AM -0500 1/13/02, Megan Golding wrote:
Hello listers!

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT talking about my current employer :)

My question is this: What business reasons are there to get a CEO to support
splitting documentation and training out of an existing structure that
integrates these functions with an engineering/helpdesk department?

I want to propose to the CEO that he split out the documentation/training
functions from their current department. The hierarchy looks something like
this:

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr