RE: getting word dox HTMLized

Subject: RE: getting word dox HTMLized
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:47:43 -0000

Well, if you've got MS Office XP (Word 2002), you can use the
File-->Save as Web Page menu command and then select "Web Page,
Filtered" (a poor term if I've ever heard one) to remove most of the
Office-specific drek. I saved the text of this email in Word (before I
cut off a bunch of lines at the end) and the DOC file was 26 KB. I then
used the preceding procedure to save as HTML, and it reduced it to 9 KB.

So, you may want to go with that. Thanks. DB.