RE: What should I wear for a phone interview?

Subject: RE: What should I wear for a phone interview?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:25:16 -0000

All right, here's my phone interview anecdote: I was applying for tech
writing jobs in Dublin, Ireland and, because I lived on the west coast
of Canada and the Irish aren't generally inclined to work long hours, I
had to conduct my interviews in the early morning, Pacific Standard
Time. This meant that I was up at 6:30 or 7:00am, wandering around my
apartment with bed-head in a dressing gown trying to sound chipper.

I'm not exactly a morning person, and, in addition to all that, I had to
interpret the sometimes thick Irish accents and odd phrases. I did about
a half dozen of these. Fortunately it was a seller's market in Dublin at
the time, so these factors apparently didn't pose an obstacle to my
being hired. DB.

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr