RE: Applying On-Line

Subject: RE: Applying On-Line
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:50:02 -0600

I have to agree with Laura here.

If you've got enough time to sit around fiddling fonts (nod to AP) and
styles for your resume, you're wasting time in my book. That would be like
spending an hour formatting an HTML e-mail. Since resumes are intended for
_presentation_, rather than sustainability or uniformity, designing styles
for them seems like overkill.

My question: If you've got enough time to scrutinize resumes for styles (how
much time is spent on this?) do you really need another writer?

I too am surprised to find that there are folks out there checking resumes
for styles. Frankly, someone who's picking those nits isn't someone I'd be
interested in working with.

Dan

Dan Hall
Sr. Technical Writer