True insignificance

Subject: True insignificance
From: Karen Gloor <karen_gloor -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:39:11 -0800 (PST)

Scenario:

I schedule a meeting 2 weeks ago to discuss options
for presenting Release Notes (I had received some
feedback indicating that a change was needed).

Meeting is at 10AM...I get there at 9:50 AM to set up
the projector and get the PowerPoint presentation
ready.

First participant shows up at 10:05. Second one at
10:10. I page a third, and in the meantime, receive a
page from a fourth indicating that she was in a
meeting and would be there shortly. The third member
comes, I decide to get started. A fifth walks in the
conference room at 10:15 and states, "I need to take
one our your participants." I decide to call off the
meeting and reschedule at a more convenient time.

My gripe:

I scheduled this meeting via Calendar...NO ONE had any
conflicts and ALL had accepted. However, since they
have more important jobs than me, (a little venting
there) my meeting was deemed insignificant, even
though a change has been requested. Even IF I
reschedule this meeting, how can I be assured that the
same thing doesn't happen again?

Sorry to vent. I know Tech. Writers are the "low man
on the totem pole", but this incident today just
sealed it for me. Makes me want to go home and hug my
dogs! :~)

Karen

http://mail.yahoo.com/

www.ehelp.com/techwr