RE: Secret government information

Subject: RE: Secret government information
From: "Latas, Salette" <Salette -dot- Latas -at- misyshealthcare -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:51:35 -0700

Bonnie Granat wrote:

I see jobs advertised that say that a top-secret security clearance is
required, but when I visit the U.S. Government Web site that purportedly
explains how to obtain a security clearance, I am told that one cannot do so
without first being hired.

Response:

It can be a requirement that you must have the clearance in order to work on
the project, but you have to have the job first. If you have had a security
clearance in the past that has not been inactive for too long, it is much
easier to get your clearance reactivated than to start the process from
scratch.

HTH,

Salette Latas

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr