RE: Internet Architecture Project - PLEASE HELP?

Subject: RE: Internet Architecture Project - PLEASE HELP?
From: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- Rad -dot- co -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 14:34:11 +0300

Geoff, I really enjoy your postings. Very well put. So Anthony got this
dream project (Congratulations Anthony!) which looks very challenging and
got some very good advice from the list. Here is another short one. Since
the project is so complex, it's a good idea to start with a map and then
"attack" each block separately, according to a predefined (and approved)
schedule. This approach (although the best I know) has a psychological side
effect. After a period of time, all you documented is a small corner of the
actual project. When this point in time comes, management tends to disregard
logical follow-up info and decide to add more staff (good scenario) or
declare the project mission impossible for the writer (bad scenario). To
prepare for this, I suggest to write an overview doc before (or in parallel
with) the first block. It gives the feeling that you already accomplished
something and got some global understanding of the whole project. Of course
the overview doc will also be "in progress", but if you are prepared for
this in advance, it doesn't discourage you.
Good luck.
Erika