Re: Web-based Training/ Tutorial Programs

Subject: Re: Web-based Training/ Tutorial Programs
From: sclarke -at- nucleus -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:43:27

Hi Ginny:

The decision to 'build' online training can mean many different things.

A few things to consider are:

Your users& their level of ability
Platform(s) of delivery
How in depth the tutorial would be
The degree of interactivity you wish to have

This will likely start to guide you towards a development tool. If you just
want an HTML tutorial this could,feasibly, be accomplished without great
difficulty using Dreamweaver. There are many wonderful add-ons you can
download for free from the Macromedia Site to add interactivity.

You could use anything as basic as Dreamweaver, or Flash (for more
interactivity) to Director or Authorware. It really depends on your needs,
the needs of the audience and the level of interactivity you wish to
incorporate into the tutorial. I too have heard good things about Web CT.

Hope that helps.

Sara in Canada