RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers

Subject: RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers
From: greg -dot- hamill -at- teradyne -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:49:43 -0400

Another lurker's procedure...

I get the digest and sometimes don't get a chance to look at it until two
days later. Consider reading a newspaper after you have heard all the news
on the radio during your commute. What you read are the specifics on issues
that are important to you.

I basically pull most of the threads on a topic into a WORD document, edit
it, remove the duplications and personal comments, and save it.

Not worried about flaming or how I write. My job isn't to look nice on
e-mail. I also don't feel it is necessary for me to ego-boost myself by
restating something couched in slightly different phraseology. It reminds
me of our local town meeting where the moderator stops debate (e-mail
thread) by asking if there is anyone who has something that they want to
say that hasn't been said before. If not, he called the question (closed
the thread).

Side question - is this thread describing the issue that the non-lurkers
are angry about the lurkers for not adding anything to TECHWR-L?

Greg