Re: Layout for test plans?

Subject: Re: Layout for test plans?
From: Cass Sadek <acsadek -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Michael,
I've been working as a QA Analyst for 4 years at a
company who dotes on Word test plans as well. (We've
just finally progressed into using TestDirector
instead.)

A well-formatted test plan definitely helps in the
test execution process. When you have page after page
of body text, it all seems to run together. :)

I started using a lot more styles for sections,
headings and the like. It helps break up the test
plan. I haven't found a better way to go than the
table that includes test case, test data, expected
results and actual results.

If your test plan gets uncontrollably huge, look for
ways of separating it into multiple smaller test plans
that are run by a master plan.

Good luck! :)
Cass

http://games.yahoo.com/