Re: Jobs in the NJ pharmaceutical market

Subject: Re: Jobs in the NJ pharmaceutical market
From: rshade -at- fast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:51:08 -0400

At 07:56 AM 4/26/02 -0700, Steven Brown wrote:

>To those of you in this area, what are your
>experiences in the pharma industry? Are you accepting
>these jobs? Do you know of anyone doing so?

I am currently contracting with a NJ software company whose customers are some of those NJ pharms. I have plenty of work and the rate range you describe is well below what I'm making.

I have noticed that the positions that appear on DICE and Monster are quite demanding about experience - am seeing the same thing for the Phila area pharms that are advertising for writers. Some of those positions have been advertised for months, btw. One recruiter gave me a hassle because she didn't see how my 10 years of writing user manuals related to her client's need for someone to write manufacturing procedures.

I started my search for contract work just after Christmas. Sent out lots of resumes, talked with a pile of recruiters - then I picked up the phone and started contacting folks I knew. The networking produced the results.

Russ Shade