Re: Telecom wording: DTMF

Subject: Re: Telecom wording: DTMF
From: peter -at- softwell -dot- co -dot- uk (Peter Hirons)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:25 +0100 (BST)

Strictly, DTMF refers to tone dialling (as opposed to pulse dialling) and
has nothing to do with voice activated systems. I have a feeling that
what they're trying to say is that voice activation is the preferred
operation, but dialling (or really button pushing) is possible.

Just about every piece of modern telephone equipment is DTMF capable.

Peter, Nr Clonakilty, Co Cork, Ireland

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr