RE: web-based Help systems and ad blockers

Subject: RE: web-based Help systems and ad blockers
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:42:17 -0700

Wow, what a great question. Just when I thought I could relax... I can't
provide any feedback on this except to say that I too am creating online
help using some JavaScript to display separate windows for such things
as screen captures, the tech support form, and also to call the print
dialog so they can print topics.

Luckily this is an internal implementation of business software, so I do
have a somewhat controlled audience/platform and easy access to tech
support. But would they even know and report that they were having a
problem? Hmmm.

It is SO frustrating when people abuse good technology and the solution
to the abuse affects those who use the technology for legitimate
purposes. Argh!!!!

I hope there's some good discussion on this subject.

Lisa