Annotation and Collection of Annotation

Subject: Annotation and Collection of Annotation
From: "Heather Anderson" <heather -dot- anderson -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:04:15 -0400

I'm currently planning to produce WebHelp for an online suite of documents.
However WebHelp does not support "annotations" being added by users
accessing the various HTML files.

1 - Is WinHelp the only platform that supports Annotation? (I don't believe
that HTML Help/.chm files do).
2 - Is there a third-party vendor that has a product to annotate HTML files
(such as generated via WebHelp)?
3 - Is there an easy way to collect the annotations from WinHelp, HTML Help
(if supported) and produce a report?
4 - Any other suggestions regarding how to collect feedback (ideally at the
topic level) from users?

Thanks in advance for any advice, from someone who may have had the same
requirements.

Heather

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com