RE: I just experienced the coolest thing

Subject: RE: I just experienced the coolest thing
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:40:57 -0500

How I would have worded it (if I may be so bold):

"Contrary to earlier speculation, the error was caused by [...]. My code
was not the source of the error.

"The error is described on page 94 of the Run book PDF: [link]. If you
require any assistance in locating this information, please let me know."

Some people derive enormous pleasure from putting others down simply to
inflate their own egos. These people are insecure, small-minded and
annoying. Because their efforts are gratuitous, they can dismiss a response
in kind as having little merit for anything other than justifying more
personal attacks. Respond to them with facts and solutions; if they continue
with insults, then the discussion is over. If they continue with
unreasonable actions, then they have demonstrated themselves to be acting on
personal agendas, not the best interest of the company.

John, I'm sure your clever coder has better things to do than get embroiled
in a popcorn fight. Perhaps she could use a little help in convincing
herself that her time and energy are too valuable to waste on responding in
kind. It's a tough row to hoe when you're new to the job.

Cheers ... Kim

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com