Re: Beaten by the mob

Subject: Re: Beaten by the mob
From: Nora Merhar <nora -at- helloworld -dot- sh>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:52:35 -0600

This is so true! At my previous job (which I miss, but it was telecommunications,
and I was worried that they would finally figure out that they didn't need me full
time) one of the engineers started yelling at me for seemingly no reason. I yelled back. He later brought me an Oberweiss chocolate shake and an apology, and we've been buddies ever since.

What does this have to do with TW? Well, he was in charge of most of the more complicated projects I had to work on, and once we were on a footing of mutual respect, I was able to get information much more quickly. He even invited me into the lab to look at the products and play with them, and appreciated that I was willing to do so (as opposed to the customer service guys, who could hardly be bothered).

I'm not recommending rudeness or yelling for all situations, but sometimes it's *exactly* the right thing to do.

Nora
--
Nora
"But finding not keeping's the lesson" (Roxy Music, "2 H.B.")

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com